Monday 12 November 2012

Todays lesson...

In class today, we were given the task to analyse in depth one shot. We were told that one shot could produce paragraphs of analysis, by looking at the different aspects of mise en scene and camera techniques.

The shot we were given was...
This meant that we had to consider, costume, lighting, facial expression, colours, positioning, camera angle etc... all based on the question: Discuss the way gender is represented in this extract from Dr Who.







This was my groups analytical paragraph, after writing this we all had to go round and write on the post it notes one good thing and one thing they could improve on. I was very happy with the feedback we got. One target was too mention mise-en-scene more throughout.

This has really helped me with analysing other people's work and seeing what is good and what isn't in a paragraph. It has also helped me understand how much you can write about just one shot, and I feel will really help me when writing future essays.

No comments:

Post a Comment