Tuesday 16 October 2012

Evaluation of Finley's analysis of Homeland



From reading Finley's evaluation of 'Homeland' I have realised that it's not only films' opening sequences that are important, but also TV shows. His analysis of this has helped me aswell as him understand what to include in a thriller opening sequence to engage the audience. From Finleys research I have learnt that this film is a political thriller, the fear that the audience experiences in the opening sequence, adds to the 'keeping the audience of the edge of their seats' which is a main feature of thriller movies/shows. I have also learnt that the editing and use of camera shots, in this case, add to the lack of predictability within the film. If this could be improved, I would say that he could maybe add in more detail about the camera shots and sound.

Because of the depth Finley has gone into, this has really helped me with my key terms in media and how technical features are used for effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment