Friday 19 October 2012

Evaluation of Finley's analysis of 'The beach'






Finleys analysis vlog

Firstly Finley speaks about the themes of the film, which gives me an idea of what it's about, and then he goes onto say that the opening foreshadows the rest of the film and creates a sense of danger, which I know makes the viewer want to watch on. From his analysis I learnt that the titles are blurred, and this makes the film seem unpredictable and mysterious which is a good thing to have in an opening title sequence. He analyses this opening sequence in great depth which has helped me understand why certain camera shots are used, for example, a long shot, used to signify the isolation of the character. Because he has made a vlog whilst watching the opening sequence, he gets to include everything that he notices and thinks is relevant which makes it very detailed. However I found it quite hard to hear due to the sound quality. Overall I think Finley's analysis of 'The beach' is very good and the fact that he has included many opinions on the film aswell make it better. The analysis vlog was succesfull but if I could give him any advice it would be to explain more about the editing used because editing is one of the main parts of analysing an opening sequence and It will help our group out alot for future references.

No comments:

Post a Comment