Tuesday 16 October 2012

Evaluating Finley's analysis of requiem for a dream



Finley has really shown his understanding of this movie and the way that technical features are used for a specific purpose in this analysis. I have learnt from this that the film is very dark and sinister, He has really gone into detail about the characters linked with technical terms such as diegetic sounds and metaphorical meanings which has helped me realise how much is included in making a film. Finleys comments on camera techniques and mise-en-scene are very advanced and add suggestions as to why the filmmaker has decided to include this. He also talks about the effect it has on the viewer and what kind of emotions/feelings it provokes, and this helped me as I can now think about what to include in our thriller opening sequence as U will know how the audiene will react. Overall I think Finleys analysis of 'Requiem for a dream' is very good and he has shown great understanding of the film and has added additional interpretations, this analysis is near enough perfect and I dont think there is much to say about how he could improve this.

No comments:

Post a Comment